Stephen Moore FCCA, who has had years of experience in helping entrepreneurs build and sustain profitable companies, and Philip Davies a client, who built a profitable, scaleable, sustainable business and sold it to a FTSE 250 PLC in late 2006 and has been active in the angel investment sector ever since.
Give your investor the basics to start with. Make sure you craft your pitch carefully and think about any questions they may ask you. You’ve got at least 15 minutes, so make sure you cover all the important facts. Here are some ideas of what your investor might want to know:
The Funding Room facilitates your first meeting with an investor. Once you’ve chosen your appointment with the investor, you will be asked to pay a deposit of £100. If your chosen investor doesn’t agree to meet you, then you’ll get your money back*. The £100 fee will be charged as soon as both parties agree on an appointment. Find out more about how it works.
* Terms and conditions apply
With a Creative Barcode you can have a conversation with the reassurance that your concept won’t get stolen. You can use a simple digital QR code IP App to create your unique QR/Barcodes which time stamp and attribute concepts to you, the rightful owner. This is a much quicker and friendlier approach than non-disclosure agreements. http://www.creativebarcode.com/join
The new Seed Enterprise Investment Scheme (SEIS or Seedis) is a government initiative which is designed to encourage entrepreneurship in the UK. This means that investors get generous tax efficient benefits to angel investors who want to support small businesses looking for finance in the UK. Continue reading about SEIS in our Advice section.
Stephen Moore FCCA, who has had years of experience in helping entrepreneurs build and sustain profitable companies, and Philip Davies a client, who built a profitable, scaleable, sustainable business and sold it to a FTSE 250 PLC in late 2006 and has been active in the Angel Investment sector ever since.
The Funding Room welcomes investors that are seeking to invest in all business sectors – click on the ‘Find Investors’ tab on the homepage for examples of current Funding Room investors and their preferred sectors.
Each Introducer can provide as many investors as they wish.
The ‘gateway fee’ charged to entrepreneurs ranges from £100 (to pitch to a single investor) to a heavily discounted fee (for which they can pitch to multiple investors).
Here is an illustration of the discount structure:
3 investors = £180 (40% off)
5 investors = £250 (50% off)
10 investors = £400 (60% off)
Our current roster of 42 active investors = £1,260 (70% off)
All gateway fees are fully refundable in the event of no single investor interest.
When an entrepreneur is granted their required funding by an investor (after giving a successful pitch), 3% of the total funding sum is deducted as a ‘transaction charge’. Of this 3%, 75% goes to the Introducer as a ‘success fee’, and the remaining 25% goes to the Funding Room.
Yes, there is an annual registration fee of £500 for Introducer participation in the Funding Room.
Once Introducers have filled in the application form (and have been acknowledged and approved by the Funding Room), relevant links will be forwarded to them – thereby enabling them to upload the anonymous details of their individual client list.
Contact us here and we'll do our best to help you!